The Tower Of London – How I Love Thee
The Tower of London is steeped in history and in mystery – all of it extremely relevant to England, and to history lovers everywhere. What went on behind these walls built as early as the 11th century by William Conqueror – may be better left to the imagination. If you would like to know more about The Tower of London and it’s history, just click here. However, a visit to London cannot be complete without a visit to one of it’s historical landmarks, and I highly recommend a visit to the Tower of London. Oh, how I love thee Tower Of London, let me count the ways:
1) I love you from this angle
2) I love you with my three kids in front
3) I love you with poppies and the significance behind the recent installation of the ceramic poppies. By the way, they were just starting to put all the poppies into place at the Tower Of London to commemorate the British soldiers who died in World War 1.
4) I love you from this angle with more poppies, and people dressed in red adding to the effect
5) I love how your historical architecture can sit side by side with the modern City Hall
6) I love just capturing you with or without trees – but I think this bit of tree in the picture is quite nice!
7) I love you because you are splendid!
8) I love you, and I think you know…. the red in this picture could be the blood in my heart
9) I love your stylish buildings
10) I love you Tower of London – look, even the sky and grass around you look magnificent, but you shine brightly and are the star
11) I love your arches
12) I love your buildings – oh, I beg your pardon….I think I’ve said that before!
13) I love your White Tower, the oldest part of the Tower
14) I love how you put lions outside out of the Tower and to me this looks like the lions are guarding the Tower and it’s secrets
15) I love how there are so many refreshments all around, and especially ice-cream with Flake (delicious English chocolate)
16) I love how the Tower of London blends in with the Tower Bridge in this picture – two amazing Towers!
17) I love how you look different in all my pictures – you are one unique amazing landmark!
18) I love how everyone is going to think “oh, these two pictures are the same” – but can you spot at least five differences?
19) I love your history and your mystery. So much went on between these walls, that some of it is better left unsaid.
20) I love to keep folks in suspense, but think I better let you in on a bit of the history incase you didn’t know it. Here’s a picture who’s words will tell you quite a bit
Well, I’ve named just twenty, and I think that’s plenty. There could be plenty more, but I think we’ll stop right there. I hope you enjoyed my collection of pictures of the Tower of London. Did I tell you that I love it?
Trackbacks / Pingbacks